- MS 629;ER Notes and extracts regarding James Clark Ross, 1840-1841 [Compiled from material in Tasmania regarding his visits there] 1 volume
- MS 668;BJ Catalogue of original manuscripts of polar interest in Australia and New Zealand, compiled 1960-1961 [Including whaling and non polar biographical material] 1 volume
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Ann Savours/Papers
- Dates of Creation[1960-1961]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 volumes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The collection comprises of the results of the authors work in the Australian cities of Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and in Tasmania and New Zealand. The collection comprises of information held at these locations on polar explorers. Of particular note is information regarding the expedition led by James Clark Ross, (the British Naval Expedition, 1839-1843) to the Antarctic, and the observatory established in Tasmania during this time with the assistance of the then governor Sir John Franklin.
Location of Originals
Original material held in Australia and New Zealand.