- Papers containing minutes, annual reports and lists of members of the society 1912-1939
- Press cuttings regarding the society 1930-1938
- Boxes of slides of various topics including Damascus, Baalbee, Palmyra, the Desert, Ancient Egypt, Jerusalem and Environs undated
- Slides of maps undated
- Slides of excavations at Megiddo, Jericho and Teleilat Ghassul, and sacred places and objects undated
Records of the Glasgow Egypt Society, cultural society, fl.1912-1939, Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 DC 172
- Dates of Creation1912-1939
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description7.3 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The aims of the Glasgow Egypt Society were to promote the interests of excavation and research in Egypt , especially by means of lectures and by contributing to the funds of such Associations as the The British School of Archaeology and the Egypt Exploration Fund.
Source: extract from the unpublished constitution of the Glasgow Egypt Society.
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Compiled by Vikki Laidlaw, Hub Project Assistant, 14 October 2004
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 248 procedures
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material