Minute books, 1911-1970; cash books, 1911-1950; account books, 1925-1948; bank savings books, 1932-1952; annual returns, 1926-1945; clothing account book, 1939-1957; wool subscription book, 1921-1944; documents relating to social events, 1950-1986.
Records of the Ladies' Guild of the Royal Medical Benevolent Fund, Glasgow Branch
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 250 RCPSG 16
- Dates of Creation1911-1986
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.24 linear metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Royal Benevolent Fund Guild was founded in 1909. A Glasgow branch was established in 1911, its purpose to assist in the work of the Royal Medical Benevolent Fund in the following ways:
1. Obtaining additional subscriptions and making its operations more widely known.
2. In assisting distressed members of the medical profession, their wives, widows and families who were members of the Royal Medical Benevolent Fund. Relief was provided by grants of money and clothing and assisting in the education of children.
The Guild amalgamated with the Royal Medical Benevolent Fund in 1972.
Arranged chronologically within record series.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to some items may be restricted. Please contact the Archivist at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
Other Finding Aids
Descriptive list available at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
Conditions Governing Use
Identification of copyright holders of unpublished material is often difficult. Permission to make any published use of any material from the collection must be sought in advance from the Archivist. We will try to assist in identifying copyright owners but the responsibility for copyright clearance before publication ultimately rests with the reader.
Appraised in accordance with GB 250's collection policy.
Location of Originals
This material is original.
No known publications.