Olivier Archive. Vol. DCXCVI C (ff. ). Lady Hamilton’s attitudes (London; S. W. Fores; 1794). A slim volume of Emma Hamilton’s celebrated poses in the style of classical statuary, decribed on the half-title as ‘Drawings faithfully copied from nature at Naples and … dedicated to … Sir William Hamilton … by … Frederick Rehberg … MDCCXCIV [i.e. 1794]. There are no marks of ownership with the exception of a bookseller’s coded price marking on the upper left corner of the verso of the front cover, with the date 28/2/04. There is no evidence to suggest that the book was a gift from Olivier to Vivien Leigh; it could equally have been a present to Olivier or Vivien Leigh from another person altogether. For other items given to Olivier connected with his stage roles, see Add. MS 80599.
Olivier Archive. Vol. DCXCVI C (ff. ). Lady Hamilton’s attitudes (London; ...
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms79766-80750/addms80461c
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 80461 C
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000001514.0x0003b3
- Dates of Creation1794
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)