- MS 1453/50;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 20 May 1906 [Congratulations on publication of the Discovery narrative] 1 leaf, holograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Sir Lewis Bayly/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation20 May 1906
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionLetter
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904 (leader Robert Falcon Scott) undertook the first extensive exploration on land in Antarctica. Funding came from the Government, the Royal Society, the Royal Geographical Society and private donations. On the return of the expedition, Robert Falcon Scott published an account entitled The voyage of the Discovery.