Papers relating to the career of Margaret McKivett (formerly Atfield) as a nurse and midwife in the London area, including case registers (1943-1947), her General Nursing Certificate (1941), training certificates (1938-1941), Central Midwifes Board certificate (1943), Midwife Teacher's Certificate (1948), and cuttings relating to her retirement from the headquarters of the RMC as a midwife teacher. The file also contains a portrait photograph of Mrs McKivett as a nurse in uniform (1940s), a photograph of her outside Mansfield Street headquarters on the occasion of attending the Royal Garden Party (1957), and an album of photographs of her retirement party (1975).
Papers of Margaret E McKivett, 1938-1948
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1538 RCMS/199
- Dates of Creation1938 - 1948
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 folders, 1 outsize folder, 1 photograph album
Scope and Content
Restricted for 100 years due to patient data.
External deposit made to the RCM Archive by the nephew of Mrs McKivett in July 2012.