Register of cases kept by Alice Hakin recording the deliveries attended by her as midwife in Lemington-on-Tyne, Northumberland (May 1937 - March 1940), Bristol (October 1940 - June 1941), Winchcombe (August 1941), Tewkesbury (October - December 1941), London as a ladies' nurse (February - March 1942), and Gloucestershire (April 1942 - November 1945); together with her certificate issued by the Central Midwives Board (February 1936), testimonials from previous patients (December 1934 - March 1939), and a copy of the Journal of the Association of Northumberland Local History Societies containing an article about Alice Hakin's experiences as a nurse written by her daughter.
Papers of Alice Hakin, 1936-1939
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1538-rcms/rcms/225
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1538 RCMS/225
- Dates of Creation22 February 1936 - 31 March 1939
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted due to patient data; apply to Archivist.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright of the estate of Alice Hakin
Donated to the RCM Archive by the daughter of Alice Hakin in November 2013.