Copies of the diaries of Moses Vita Cassuto, describing two journeys by Cassuto to the Holy Land in 1734-5 and 1741-3.
Diaries of Moses Vita Cassuto
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 738 MS 116/71
- Dates of Creation1734-1743
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 folders
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Moses Vita Cassuto.
The Special Collections Division is available for anyone to use, regardless of whether you are attached to an academic institution. Access to the Archives and Manuscripts and Rare Books reading room, however, is by prior appointment to access the manuscript material. See our website for more details.
Bodl. MS Ital. d. 9 (i): a synopsis is given in R.Barnett, `The travels of Moses Cassuto' in Remember the days: a volume of essays in honour of Cecil Roth ed. J.M.Shaftesley (London, 1966) pp. 73-121.