- Minute books, 1929-1942 and 1942-1951
- Conference minute book, 1936-1968
- Executive Committee: minute books, 1951-1960, 1960-1970 and 1970-1972
- Price lists, 1934, 1947 and 1956
- Political fund annual returns
- Correspondence re: barrage balloon workers
- General correspondence
- Waterproof Garment Workers' Trade Union: 1945-1946 strike
- Correspondence with the National Union of Tailors and Garment Workers
Waterproof Garment Workers' Trade Union
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Historical Directory of Trade Unions, vol 4 pg 471
The Waterproof Garment Makers and Machinists Trade Union was formed in 1907. In 1914 it changed its name to the Waterproof Garment Workers Trade Union. In 1972 the union amalgamated with the National Union of Tailors and Garment Workers.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for consultation.
If you wish to visit the library you need to make an appointment. The Working Class Movement Library is open Tuesday-Friday 10.00am-5.00pm and every 1st Saturday of the month 10.00am-4.00pm.
To book an appointment, telephone: 0161 736 3601 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Other Finding Aids
The full catalogue is available online on the Working Class Movement Library's Web Site - www.wcml.org.uk
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Some of the material is fragile
Catalogued as part of the HLF project 'The past meets the present'