Collection of assorted colour and black and white prints taken in and around the British Embassy at Peking, before, during and after the storming of the embassy. Prints of the Office of the British Charge d'Affaires in June 1966, crowds outside the Chancery Building in summer 1966, the ruined interior of the British Mission in August 1967, and staff outside the Registry door in October 1967 are all reproduced in Cradock's book 'Experiences of China'.
British Embassy, Peking.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Cradock/D/5
- Dates of Creation1966–1968 (Most photographs undated. A couple date stamped Oct. 1967.)
- Physical Description1 folder photograph
Scope and Content