MS transcript of the testament of Ethelflede (c10th century) in the Harleian Library, British Library. Featuring transcript of the text in Anglo Saxon / Old English, and a translation in modern English.
Transcript of Ethelflede's Testament
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 103 MS ADD 198
- Dates of Creation18th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish, Old (ca.450-1100) English
- Physical Description1 transcript
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Ethelflede was the widow of Ethelstan (?), Duke of the East-Anglians, who died in battle against the Danes near Maldon in 991.
The papers are available subject to the usual conditions of access to Archives and Manuscripts material, after the completion of a Reader's Undertaking.
Other Finding Aids
Collection level description