Manuscripts written in and about shorthand, 16th-20th centuries.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 96 MS Carlton
- Dates of Creation16th century-20th century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description46 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Carlton was a collector of all things concerning the history of shorthand.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the items in the collection is unrestricted for the purpose of private study and personal research within the controlled environment and restrictions of the Library's Palaeography Room. Access to archive collections may be restricted under the Freedom of Information Act. Please contact the University Archivist for details.
Conditions Governing Use
Copies may be made, subject to the condition of the original. Copying must be undertaken by the Palaeography Room staff, who will need a minimum of 24 hours to process requests.