Collections by James Cross relating to the parish of Sturminster Marshall, Dorset.
Collections by James Cross
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Dorset b. 1, c. 3-4, d. 1-2, e. 1, f. 1
- Dates of CreationLate 19th-early 20th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description7 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
James Cross was Vicar of Sturminster Marshall and an antiquary.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk).
The collection was given to the Library by James Cross in 1919.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 53883-9.