Photograph album (nd); 135 photographs, with negatives (1895, 1916-1922, 1940-1946, 1960); Press cutting (nd); Christmas card (nd); 3 letters, two manuscript and one typescript, from Youssef Gomaa (25 February 1951, 1952, nd); Manuscript letter from Ishaq Khayal (1 May 1946); Leather album cover (nd); National Registration Identity Card (3 November 1951); Junior Carlton Club receipt from Sir Percy Rugg (26 October 1961); Battalion orders (9 December 1921); Typescript copy of Baron Mannerheim's Order of the Day No. 72 (31 May 1940).
David Pryse papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 060
- Dates of Creation1895-1961
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, typescript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes a Christmas card, a leather album cover, an identity card, and a receipt.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
David E.J. Pryse, a Lieutenant, 6th Battalion, Royal Welsh Fusiliers, served in Egypt/Palestine. Later he became a Colonel.
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by David Barton.
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available