Twenty original letters, bound in one volume, from Anthony Isaacson of Newcastle to Sir Robert Clayton and Sir Jeremy Whitchcott, concerning vessels carrying coal, the quantity carried, new ships, etc. A number relate to Sir Thomas J. Peyton. With copies (contemporary) of two letters from Clayton to Isaacson and a note from Peyton to the same at the Custome house.
Letters from Anthony Isaacson to Sir Robert Clayton and Sir Jeremy Whitchcott
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 899
- Dates of Creation1675-1677
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 volume (23 letters).
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Anthony Isaacson (1626-1693) was educated at Pembroke College, Cambridge. He was treasurer of Bridewell and Bedlam Hospitals. In 1665 he married Jane, daughter of John Lawson, of Newcastle. He died on 15 June 1693 and was buried at St Nicholas, Newcastle.