1841-1842 Rigby is Governor of Queenwood and Owen writes to him corncerning the community there. 1852-1858 Owen is in Sevenoaks and is writing to Rigby in London requesting he carry out various tasks for him predominantly arranging the printing and distribution of his publications.
Correspondence of Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 RIG/15/1
- Dates of Creation1841-1858
- Physical Description420 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Robert Owen was a Welsh social reformer and one of the founders of utopian socialism and the co-operative movement. James Rigby was a loyal follower of Owen and in the latter years of Owen's life he acted as his agent in London.