Commission, with original envelope (13 May 1914); Memorandum (19 June 1919); Typescript dispersal draft list (nd); Army instructions (30 November 1917); Army instructions (27 January 1919, nd); 4 photographs (nd); Special Order of the Day (January 1919); Telegram (12 September 1918); Press cuttings in Arabic (nd); Army Service Book (11 April 1914-22 January 1919); Soldier's Pay Book (18 December 1918-10 June 1919); Embarkation papers (18-24 September 1918); Protection certificate (6 July 1919); Senior Officers' School report (3 March 1918); School of Instruction classification form, 30 December 1916-10 February 1917 [February 1917]; Typescript letter from the War Office regarding passage to Egypt (18 September 1918); Typescript letter from the War Office regarding demobilization (22 July 1919); Typescript letter from the War Office regarding medals (31 May 1921); 6th Cyclist Brigade memorandum (25 December 1917); Special Orders (13 March 1918); Embossed leather folder (nd).
William Moor papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-liddlecollectionep052
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 052
- Dates of Creation1914-1921
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish Arabic
- Physical Description1 file; typescript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes a telegram and an embossed leather folder.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Joseph Moor, born in 1880, was a Major, Northern Cyclist Battalion, later attached to 29th Punjabis, Indian Army, 2nd Battalion, Leicestershire Regiment, and 2nd/19th Battalion, London Regiment, serving in Egypt/Palestine, October 1918-July 1919.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
In English, but with some Arabic.
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available