- MS 439;MJ Log book, 1873-1874 [Onboard Grnland] 4 rolls, microfilm
Dallmann, German Sealing and Whaling Reconnaissance
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb15-eduarddallmann/eduarddallmann/germansealingandwhalingreconnaissance
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Eduard Dallmann/ German Sealing and Whaling Reconnaissance
- Dates of Creation1873-1874
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionLog book The log book is on microfilm.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
This reconnaissance expedition was dispatched from Hamburg to investigate the sealing and whaling possibilities in the southern oceans. Dallmann captained Grnland which visited the South Shetland Islands and became the first steamship to reach the Antarctic coast.
Alternative Form Available
This is a copy.
Originals held by the Library of Petermanns Geographische Mitteilungen, Gotha (1982)