Correspondence and papers of Sir Edward, with some family papers.
Papers of Sir Edward Bagnall Poulton
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.c.2015-20,d.2031-6,e.2013-15;ms.photogr.c.11,fols.111-14
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 2015-20, d. 2031-6, e. 2013-15; MS. Photogr. c. 11, fols. 111-14
- Dates of Creation1845-1943
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description17 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Edward Bagnall Poulton (1856-1943), zoologist, was Hope Professor of Zoology in the University of Oxford and Fellow of Jesus College. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library by John Garnet in 1986.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.