Photocopies of nine letters of Lancelot Lawford to his wife (unnamed) from Shanghai, 1913, and Peking (Beijing), 1917, describing political and military events in China.
Photocopies of correspondence of Lancelot Lawford
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380683
- Dates of Creation1913 - 1917
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Lancelot Lawford worked for the Chinese Maritime Customs in Shanghai and Peking at a period of political instability and fighting following the Chinese revolution of 1911 and the establishment of a republic.
This material was presented by Nigel Lawford in 1997.
Other Finding Aids