The collection comprises correspondence, personal papers and photographs dated early 1920's of William Charles Anderson. The papers concern his time working in British Nyasaland on the cotton plantations at Mbewe and Gonda. Also includes printed notes on 'The Treatment of Common Ailments Among Natives' and a number of photographs of Anderson, the estate and estate workers.
Papers of William Charles Anderson
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-ms380270
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380270
- Dates of Creation1921 - 1923
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Charles Anderson was born 24 August 1897. In the early 1920s he worked as a cotton estate manager for Magunda estates in British Nyasaland on cotton plantations at Mbewe and Gonda.
The material has been sorted into three files; correspondence, personal documents and photographs.
Conditions Governing Access
Donated in 1980.
Other Finding Aids
Conditions Governing Use
For permission to publish, please contact Archives & Special Collections, SOAS Library in the first instance