- MS 783/1;D Letter (copy) to his mother, 31 July 1910 [Includes a short note on how Bowers came to be recommended to Scott, copied by Mrs Caroline Oats from a copy by Mrs Bowers] 17 leaves
- MS 1453/55;D Letters (2) to his mother, 1911 to 1912, and letter from Robert Falcon Scott to Mrs Bowers, 1912 [Copies of last letters to Mrs Bowers made by or for the Scott family] 3 leaves, copies in an unknown hand
- MS 599/20;BJ Copy of letter to his sister May, 27 June to 1 August 1911 [Describing the winter journey to Cape Crozier, and diary kept during Pole Journey, contains a few marginal notes and comments by Apsley Cherry-Garrard] 1 volume, typescript
- MS 1488/2;BJ Letters (2) to Kathleen Scott, 23 January and 27 October 1911 [In Robert Falcon Scott's last Expedition Kathleen Scott's copy, volume 1, facing p444, general news of the expedition] 2 leaves, holograph
- MS 1483/2;D Letter to George Clarke Simpson, 24 November 1911 [Account of performance of the ponies during early stages of the pole journey, good spirits among the party] 2 leaves, holograph (Xerox), typed transcript
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Henry Bowers/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1910-1912
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description8 letters
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence covers the period Bowers was a member of the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913 (leader Robert Falcon Scott).
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.