Comprises a copy of "An epistolary letter from T----- H----- to Sr H--- Sloan- who saved his life ... ", published according to Foxon's English verse, 1701-1750, E437, in 1729.
Satirical poem in the form of a letter from Thomas Hearne to Sir Hans Sloane
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 112
- Dates of Creationca. 1725-1775
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 ff. conjoined, manuscript. Written in a single mid-eighteenth-century hand.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thomas Hearne (1678-1735), the historical antiquary, took his M.A. at St. Edmund Hall, Oxford in 1703 and became second keeper of the Bodleian Library in 1712. For fuller details of his life and writings see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Heath's bookshop on 4 July 1996.
Other Finding Aids
The poem is indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt112