Microfilms of Greek manuscripts, 13th and 15th century, containing Isocrates Orationes.
Microfilms of Greek manuscripts containing Isocrates Orationes
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Isocrates (436 BC-338 BC) was a Greek rhetorician.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk).
Given to the Library in 1994.
Collection level description created by Susan Thomas, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Film 1961 - Florence, Biblioteca Riccardiana, MS. 12, fols. 23r-98v
- MS. Film 1962 - Munich, Bayerische Staatbibliothek, Cgm 224.
- MS. Film 1963 - Venice, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana, Gr. 415, coll. 859.