12 photographs (ca. 1911-1917); Case ; 2 postcards (October 1917, April 1918); Army report (September 1917); Letter written from Italy ; 2 letters (October 1917, June 1919); Certificate of discharge from the army (10 July 1919); Service record (nd); 2 typescript letters to Peter Liddle containing recollections (November 1971); Dried flowers (nd).
Walter Augenfeld papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection GE 03
- Dates of Creationca. 1911-1971
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialGerman English
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, postcards, and printed material. Includes a case and dried flowers.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Walter Augenfeld, born in Vienna, Austria in 1890, was a 2nd Lieutenant, Austrian Army, serving in Russia, Russian Poland and Italy. He was demobilized in January 1919, and later emigrated to the United Kingdom.
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by W. Augenfeld.
In German and English.
Other Finding Aids
German catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available