Lectures, essays and notes of D. Nichol Smith, relating to English literature and literary criticism.
Lectures, Essays and Notes of D. Nichol Smith
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. c. 383-5, d. 539-49, d. 551-5, e. 483-4, e. 551
- Dates of Creation1895-1959
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description22 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
David Nichol Smith (1875-1962) was a literary scholar and Merton Professor of English Literature at Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk).
The papers were given to the Library in 1962.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 43873-94.