The series comprises 3 volumes which furnish a granular account of the day-to-day management of the forests and woodlands controlled by the Forestry, Mines and Lands Board. For the purposes of effective management, the Board's forest and woodland assets were divided into administrative compartments and sub-compartments with crop rotations generally being affected every 30 years.
5 form types were produced in order to streamline the administration of compartments throughout the forestry life-cycle of pre-thinning, thinning and maturation.
- Form 1 - furnishes information on the land parcel's name, the compartment number, the date of first registration, the acreage, the species planted, remarks and any treatments undertaken;
- Form 2 - provides a work log of activities undertaken at the Board's instruction in order to ensure the proper management of forest and woodland assets;
- Form 3 - details ingoing and outgoing monies associated with the management of the compartments;
- Form 4 - serves as a 'Nursery' record documenting the transplantation of saplings affected during the general forestry stocktake, which occurred annually each August; and
- Form 5 - details the appreciation in value of compartments over the course of their life-cycle.