- family letters
- professional correspondence
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 237 Coll-99/5
- Dates of Creation1876-1914
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionMicrofilm reader required for part of this series
- LocationMS 2594/2
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Certain items of Geikie family correspondence were photocopied and microfilmed as were a number of letters by Charles Darwin. The former consisted mainly of letters from John Somerville Geikie and William [Geikie] from Sarawak and Singapore and include geological observations (John Somerville Geikie later pubished A List of Sarawak Minerals ). The latter partly concermed James Geikie's publication, The Great Ice Age .