- MS 57/1 Duntrune Estate, Dundee (families of Stirling, Graham, Stirling-Graham, Lacon)
- MS 57/2 Gourlay Brothers & Co, (Dundee) Ltd, engineers and shipbuilders
- MS 57/3 Dorothy Whale Fishing Co and other papers
- MS 57/4 J & J Ogilvie, Solicitors, Dundee
- MS 57P Ogilvie, Cowan & Co: maps and plans
Ogilvie, Cowan & Co, Solicitors, Dundee
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The firm of J & J Ogilvie was established in 1773 by John Ogilvie, possibly with the assistance of his brother, James. It represented many of the landed families in the area, particularly the Estate of Duntrune, as well as local companies such as Gourlay Bros & Co.
Records are arranged into sub-fonds by client.
Open for consultation subject to preservation requirements. Access must also conform to the restrictions of the Data Protection Act and any other appropriate legislation.
Details of the original accession are unknown. Additional records were deposited by the Dundee City Archivist in 1987 (AccM/241) and by the director of the firm in 1991.
Fonds level description compiled by Sarah Chubb, Archives Hub Project Archivist, October 2001.
Other Finding Aids
Descriptive list. Subject source lists and databases are also available.
Alternative Form Available
No known copies.
Conditions Governing Use
Reproduction is available subject to preservation requirements. Charges are made for this service, and copyright and other restrictions may apply.