Original file labelled "New Government ship managed by The Ben Line - Fort Qu'Appelle." Managed for the British Government 1942, whence torpedoed and sunk.
- Lists of crew names, rating, estimated value of wages due at time of loss of ship;
- copies of correspondence between Wm Thomson & Co (Ben Line Steamers Ltd) and the Ministry of War Transport regarding management and crewing and eventual loss of ship;
- copies of correspondence between Wm Thomson & Co and crew members regarding crewing of ship;
- lists of crew (including personal details, next of kin and wage information);
- correspondence between Wm Thomson & Co and their agents in Vancouver, The Anglo Canadian Shipping Co, and The Royal Mail Lines Ltd, regarding the laters allocation of ship for homeward loading to the UK;
- copies of correspondence with crew, other organisations and next of kin regarding loss of ship, fate of crew and payment of wages;
- correspondence with The Britannia Steam Ship Insurance Company regarding loss of ship;
- receipts signed by crew members for ex-gratia payments for loss of effects from Wm Thomson & Co;
- lists of crew and compensation forms signed.