- Letter from Aitken, Spence & Co, Ltd to Wm Thomson & Co, Managers Ben Line Steamers Ltd, 1945;
- Letter to Messrs. Sandilands, Buttery & Co, Ltd from unnamed sender, 1947;
- Correspondence with Paterson, Simons & Co Ltd, 1947-1988;
- Correspondence regarding confidential defence materials issued to SS Ballarat, later Benledi VII, when owned by P&O, 1950-1975;
- Correspondence with A. S. Kinnear, Singapore Manager, 1951-1958;
- Correspondence regarding meetings with Mr Asada, Japanese Ministry of Transportation and a freight conference, 1955;
- Memorandum regarding delivery of Benarty (ex Empire Wallace) at Rotterdam on 6 Apr, 1956;
- Letter from British Liner Committee with enclosed copy of Report on Brussels Meeting of the Diplomatic Conference, 1957;
- Letter and enclosures sent to A. S. Kinnear, Far East Management, from Ben Line, 1958;
- Correspondence with Charles Connell & Co Ltd, 1960;
- Letter from J. P. Young, Secretary, The Ben Line Steamers Ltd to H. R. MacLeod, The Ben Line Steamers Ltd, 1971;
- Correspondence relating to a fire at The Ben Line Steamers' Port Kelang office, 1981.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sporadic correspondence with various individuals, both internal and external, as well as other bodies, kept by the company mainly because of items of interest within correspondence.
Arranged chronologically within record series.