- Photographs - Ben Ocean (Ocean Transport & Trading Group) ships, c1975-1980;
- Ben Ocean eastbound sailing schedule, 1975;
- Ben Ocean outward to Indonesia sailing schedule, 1977;
- Ben Ocean outward to Indonesia sailing schedule desk calender, 1977.
Ben Ocean service
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
In 1974 Ocean Transport & Trading Co Ltd approached Ben Line with a proposal to run a joint service of conventional cargo liners in the Far East trade along with Blue Funnel and their subsidiaries Glen Line and NSM Oceaan. This service, inaugurated as Ben Ocean in 1975, saw the ships continue to be crewed, stored and repaired by their respective owners, but Ben Line provided general management of the fleet from their Edinburgh office. The service suffered competition from the rise in container shipping and so it wound up around 1980.
Arranged chronologically within record series.