Label on front cover reads "Mr. E. G. Thomson - To Be Kept in his Desk." Page numbered and with index at front. Contains voyage earnings accounts for:
- Ben Line voyages between 1948 and 1961. Entries record date ship left UK, vessel name and voyage number, outward freight, homeward freight, total earnings, total disbursements, profit or loss, number of days, cost per day, victualling cost per day, profit fasts, per day interm;
- sugar charter voyages between 1956 and 1959. Entries record voyage dates, vessel and voyage number, out or home, from, to, rate of freight on tons, total earnings, total disbursements, bunkers cost tons, number of days, cost per day, profit, profit per day and victualling cost per day;
- time charter voyages between 1958 and 1963. Entries record same information as sugar charters plus the name of each charterer;
- 1 Bauxite charter voyage in 1955 recording the same information as above entries;
- phosphate charter voyages between 1956 and 1959 recording same information as above;
- 1 Pacific Coast charter voyage from 1955 recording same information as above.