Original file contained envelope with "Bencrauchan Wave Damage 1973" written on it.
- 13 black and white photographs and 1 acetate sheet of ship with wave damage to bow and being towed to port;
- 3 black and white photographs of ship at sea (undamaged);
- 1 page from a calender for a company called Voith, with a colour photograph of Bencruachan damaged and being towed, March 1980;
- 2 newspaper articles about the incident, 1973;
- 5 colour photographs of the ship being repaired in a dry dock, 1973;
- 2 black and white illustrations of an unknown ship in rough seas;
- 1 document titled Abnormal Waves on the South East Coast of South Africa by J. K. Mallory, featuring the Bencruachan incident;
- bundle of 10 documents including correspondence and notes about the incident and subsequent requests for information and the above document by J. K. Mallory.