Copies of deeds relating to the acquisition of the burial ground of the Spanish and Portuguese community, in Mile End, 1684.
Papers relating to the burial ground of the Spanish and Portuguese community at Mile End
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb738-ms116/23
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 738 MS 116/23
- Dates of Creation1684
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description3 rolls
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The burial ground of the Spanish and Portuguese community in Mile End, is known as the Velho or Old Cemetery.
Conditions Governing Access
The Special Collections Division is available for anyone to use, regardless of whether you are attached to an academic institution. Access to the Archives and Manuscripts and Rare Books reading room, however, is by prior appointment to access the manuscript material. See our website for more details.
The original documents are at the Spanish and Portuguese synagogue, Bevis Marks, London.