George Square Redevelopment: plans and drawings for Edinburgh University Main Library and Liverpool University Library consists of:
- set of plans, by Sir Basil Spence, Glover & Ferguson, entitled "University Library" consists of 12 plans and 5 elevations, mostly at 1/16 scale. There are 5 different versions of the site plan, floor plans for the lower ground, ground and second floor, 2 different versions of a plan for the undergraduate reading rooms (never built), a podium plan and a planting proposals plan. Elevations are given for each side of the building and cross-sections through the building. There are 2 different north elevations, one of which shows the library in the context of its neighbouring buildings and has a tracing paper addition detailing the materials used in the construction.
- set of 12 plans at 1/4" scale entitled " University Library , externals site works" and consists of showing details of the site works required around the site of the Edinburgh University Main Library, after construction.
- set of 3 plans and a section of Liverpool University Library by Bryan & Norman Westwood & Partners at 1/8" scale. These would have been collected by Percy Johnson-Marshall for comparative purposes during the planning phases of Edinburgh University Library.
- 2 film copies of a monotone architectural illustration by Alexander Duncan Bell (23 x 30cm) showing the view of Edinburgh University Main Library and the proposed service road from the south west, (1964 )
- black and white photographic print (14 x 20cm) of an architectural illustration by Alexander Duncan Bell showing a possible road constructed along Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh.