General: Service Arts and Technical Organization (SATO) file contains:
- SATO aims and objectives
- a map of clubs, groups and posts
- publication rejection for article on SATO entitled "Report on pre-release training for Malay and Burma commands" including comments on this
- SATO News for January, April, July, September and October 1945
- newspaper clipping from the "Services Newspaper of South East Asia Command" concerning the army's lack of plans for vocational training, and Percy Johnson-Marshall's response on behalf of SATO, 13 October 1945
- correspondence concerning the provision of books and professional development and recognition for SATO as a training body for demobilisation
- a report entitled "Statement on Technical Education of the Services in India and South East Asia Command (SEAC)" which was sent to a number of UK professional organisations for consideration.
- initial papers concerning development of an organisation for British Architects serving in India. This includes a list of Architects serving in HM forces in India.