The Papers and Correspondence of Sir Archibald Geikie include, at shelfmark Gen. 521-527, notes on raised beaches, notes on Arran and Skye, notes on the Sorby Research Fund, Geological Survey notes, lectures, correspondence with Murchison, and letters arranged alphabetically. At shelfmark Gen. 1425-1426 there is more correspondence arranged alphabetically.
At E2008.05 there are:
- 2 sketch notebooks - 1892-1893 including sketch of Pentland Hills, and featuring data from west of Scotland; 1894- including Faeroes and west of Scotland
- 1 notebook with notes for a lecture in Glasgow 21 July 1884, 'Types of Scottish scenery - their origin and influence'
- 2 small coloured sketches - Perched blocks, Rhiconich; View of Old Faithful geysir, Yellowstone
- 3 letters - Letter from James, his brother; letter from Prof. Judd; undated letter from J.W.Salter
- 1 portrait repro.
- Batch of exhibition captions
At E2008.50 there is a Photo Album of the Geikie Family. This was assembled in London, circa 1882-1887, and contains an index. On the front fly-leaf there is a hand-painted birthday card dated 16 December 1882. There are 38 x albumen and 1 x carbon prints.