Administrative records of the Council comprising minute and report books. Records of Gifts to Council, Standing Committees and Special Committees.
Archive of the University of Liverpool: Records of the Council of the University of Liverpool
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb141-ulivcoun
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 141 ULIV Coun
- Dates of Creation1878-1998
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialAll of the material in this collection is in English
- Physical Description4 series
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The purpose of the Council according to the Supplemental Charter of the University, clause 14:
There shall be a Council of the University which, subject to the Statues of the University, shall be the governing body of the University and shall have the custody and use of the Common Seal, the management and administration of the whole revenue and property of the University and the conduct of affairs of the University.
A list of the powers and duties of the Council can be found in the University Calendar, ordinance 23.
Arranged into the following sections:
- Council Minute and Report Books
- Council Standing Committees
- Council Special Committees
- Board of Appeal
- Board of Discipline
Conditions Governing Access
Please phone (0151 794 2696) or email for an appointment; you may reserve material in advance.
For non University of Liverpool visitors, please bring some form of photo id (e.g. driving licence, travel pass, passport); Sydney Jones Library reception desk staff will issue you with a day pass.
Please note that some materials may be closed or have restricted access.