Typescript and manuscript letters from various publishers, editors of books and journals, and writers: requesting permission to reproduce quotes and entire short stories or essays; inviting CEM to contribute material to various publications, eg. a projected charitable work by leading authors and artists to benefit the British Legion and a possible history of the war for children; the BBC inquire whether CEM will be willing to read his work on air. There is also a letter from the playwright and novelist St John Ervine, who returns a manuscript to CEM (which is not included here, but was possibly the dramatised version of A Hind Let Loose), saying that the play will not do in America because "all those extracts from newspaper articles are not dramatic".
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CEM/2/2/8
- Former ReferenceGB 133 GC14295.GB 133 III, 9.
- Dates of Creation18 Nov 1920; 4 Jun 1925-21 May 1928
- Physical Description33 pieces, 37 sheets.