Manuscripts (and some typescripts) of all but one of the essays published posthumously under this title in 1930. A number of the essays carry CEM's address at Burford [Oxon] on the title page, indicating that they were probably written during his retirement. The essay not included is `The Literary Play', which was reprinted for the volume without revision from Essays and Studies by Members of the English Association, II, 1911. `A Living Language', which is included here, was first published in Chatto and Windus's Miscellany, 1928.
A Writer's Notes on his Trade
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CEM/2/1/14
- Former ReferenceGB 133 GC14320.GB 133 I, 15.
- Dates of Creation1922-
- Physical Description2 items.