Material presumably collected by CEM while stationed in France during the First World War, including: 2 German playbills for the Deutsches Theater in Lille, produced during the occupation, Jul 1918; a copy of Le Progrès du Nord, the first French newspaper to appear in Lille after the departure of the Germans, 28 Oct 1918; a programme for the official opening under Allied auspices of the Nouveau Théatre in Lille by The Gaieties, army entertainers, Nov 1918 and of a concert given there by the `Cordites'; last issue of the newspaper La Libre Belgique, 12 Nov 1918; programme of the triumphal entry into Brussels of the Belgian King Albert, 22 Nov 1918.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CEM/3/3
- Former ReferenceGB 133 GC14328.GB 133 IV, 5.
- Dates of CreationJul-Nov 1918
- Physical Description7 pieces.