Manuscript and notes relating to this `melodrama in five acts' which was based on CEM's novel, Right Off the Map, published in 1927. This novel, and the play, are based in an imaginary country at a slightly future time, and were strongly influenced by CEM's feelings about the Boer War and World War I. The novel itself had its origins in a play written in 1902, which had already been lost at the time Oliver Elton wrote his Memoir in 1929. Rose Elton in her list stated that The Way It Happened was based on the novel rather than the other way around, therefore this manuscript is not that of the original play.
The Way It Happened
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CEM/2/1/10
- Former ReferenceGB 133 GC14333.GB 133 I, 11.
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Physical Description2 items.