Comprises 2 notebooks containing the original autograph manuscript of Lady Gregory's play The golden apple, dated 1913, together with correspondence between Lord Brotherton and Lady Gregory concerning Lord Brotherton's purchase of the manuscript from Lady Gregory in 1928 (with the assistance of Dorothy Una Ratcliffe) for a price of 30.
Original autograph manuscript of The golden apple, by Lady Gregory, with related correspondence with Lord Brotherton
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS 20c Gregory
- Dates of Creation1913-1928
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 notebooks and 2 letters with transcripts, all held in 1 leather case; manuscript and typescript. The custom-made medium-brown leather case is gilt-embossed on the spine with the following lettering: THE GOLDEN APPLE BY LADY GREGORY.- 1913. MS.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Isabella Augusta Gregory, Lady Gregory (1852-1932), the Irish playwright and poet. For a fuller account of her life and achievements see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Access is unrestricted.
From the library of Lord Brotherton.