Black and white photograph of a view of the coliseum in Rome from above [i.e. from the Palatine Hill]. The Coliseum is in the distance, with a stone archway in front of it, and trees to the right foreground. Pasted onto a page in the album, with a manuscript caption on the bottom white edge.
Coliseum from the Palatine
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 7ELB/A/8/019b
- Former ReferenceGB 106 CM Object/ 7/ELB/A/8/19/2
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 object
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Poor condition. Slightly yellowed, especially centre where pasted onto the page, with some brown mould top half. Tiny black flecks, and straight line indentations on the right, where it has pressed against a photograph on the opposite page. Production method: gelatin silver print.