Black and white photograph of a horse and open topped carriage, driven by a man, with two women passengers, both wearing feathered hats. They have stopped for a photograph, with a grass verge and then a stonewall behind them. The horse is black, and blinkered. Pasted onto a page in the album, with a manuscript caption on the bottom white edge.
On the Via Appia
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 7ELB/A/8/017a
- Former ReferenceGB 106 CM Object/ 7/ELB/A/8/17/1
- Dates of CreationMay 1914
- Physical Description1 object
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Poor condition. Slightly yellowed, especially in a patch in the centre, with patches of brownish yellow mould. Some creasing, some mirroring. Slight repair needed. Production method: gelatin silver print.