Black and white photograph of a view across St. Mark's Square. Venice to St Mark's Cathedral on the left, and the Doge's Palace on the right. With people walking in the square. Pasted onto a page in the album, with a manuscript caption on the bottom white edge.
St Mark's Cathedral and the Doge's Palace
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-7elb/7elb/a/8/027b
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 7ELB/A/8/027b
- Former ReferenceGB 106 CM Object/ 7/ELB/A/8/27/2
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 object
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Poor condition. Yellowed unevenly, especially upper half and right. With lines of brown mould (partly caused by the photograph pressing against another on the opposite page), mirroring right, white streak on the image bottom right, tiny black flecks and other dirty marks. Slight repair needed. Production method: gelatin silver print.