Page of an album with three black and white photographs pasted on. All of an Italian country road, a fairly flat rugged landscape with ancient stone ruins and small trees by the side of the road. Each photograph is of a different stretch of the road, each with a manuscript caption on the bottom white edge.
Photographs of Via Appia, Rome
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-7elb/7elb/a/8/016
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 7ELB/A/8/016
- Former ReferenceGB 106 CM Object/ 7/ELB/A/8/16
- Dates of CreationMay 1914
- Physical Description3 objects
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Poor condition. Very badly yellowed patches in the centre of each photograph, and patches of yellow, brown and grey mould growth. The image on the top photograph has disappeared to white along the bottom ege. Marked with straight lines where they have been pressed against photographs on the opposite page. Slight repair needed. Production method: gelatin silver print.