Sixty-two photographs and picture postcards (10 Feb.-14 Nov. 1918, n.d.); Photostat photograph (n.d.); 5 tickets for Canteen Stores, Lavatory, Barber's, Hot Water and Workers Dinner (n.d.); YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) Membership Card of Guy Darnell (Feb. 1916); YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) Amateur School of Boxing Membership Card of Guy Darnell (1916); Article "Ruhleben- The Third Anniversary", reprinted from The Daily Mail (6 Nov. 1917); Pamphlet The Ruhleben Prisoners: Some Recent Parliamentary References (Nov. 1917); Invitation to Harry Darnell from the Burgh of Leith (18 Nov. 1918).
Guy and Harry Darnell papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-liddlecollectionruh15-16
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection RUH 15-16
- Dates of Creation1916-1918
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; photographs, postcards, and printed material Includes various tickets and membership cards
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Guy and Harry Darnell, British Civil Prisoners of War, were interned at Ruhleben, 1914-1918. Guy Darnell lived in Barracks No. 5 and No. 6.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted
The papers were placed in the Collection by Hazel Darnell, widow of Harry Darnell, in March 1977. See Ruhleben Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Ruhleben catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available