Early drafts of chapter for Earthy's publication, 'Valenge women: the social and economic life of the Valenge women of Portuguese East Africa'. Typed and manuscript notes, mostly in English, but some in Lenge/Chopi.
Folk lore and proverbs - description and analysis of folk tales, with actual examples in Chopi and English, including various versions of the Gilgamesh epic (story of creation and the flood), and Lenge riddles
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380515/14
- Dates of Creationn.d. [c.1931 - 1933
- Physical Description184pp.
Scope and Content